|
Saturday, July 28, 2007 ![]() Well in the spirit of conservation right now! Ha... With Live 8 (i missed it!!! Argh....) and all the buzz about protecting the environment, i guess it's no sooner before i caught the buzz as well. Well, I actually had the motivation to do this only after watching Oprah's show about going green and reading xiaxue's 4 hours blogging marathon. Digressing a bit here. I've never read xiaxue's blog even though it's like all over singapore to read it. All i know is she's short and a famous blogger but i didn't bother to read her blog because i thought she's just some overrated fad that will soon pass it's time. But after my friends mentioned about her entry on "The 7 most disgusting bloggers in Singapore's Blogosphere", i decided to read it and it turned out to be really interesting! Unlike Perez Hilton, xiaxue's blog is really funny to read! I love her sarcasm.ha... Well, on her 4-hour blogging marathon, she made a pledge as to how she is going to play her part in saving the environment. Here's a snippet: But I don't drive right, and see, even if I walk instead of taking a cab the cabbies will still be driving around, except without me and their cars either empty or occupied by somebody else!! I guess I could become a vegetarian, but I love my meats!! Sigh... that won't work. What else can I do then? I know! I could use less plastic bags!! I just saw this ADORABLE little trolley bag that day - baby pink with a single big black ribbon - and it could replace the plastic bags NTUC gives me, PLUS allow me to shop in style! Awesome. ha that really lighten me up for the night (blues before booking in). So what can i do? Anyway, I've already been promoting environmental conservation by wearing green for five/six days a week. ha Maybe i'll not take cabs? Ya... that's possible. I can save money in the meantime, eating at the canteen ever so frequently now is making me spend more than i've ever did (during my school days). You know what, i'm still thinking if i should drive next time. We all know cars cause a considerable amount of pollution that worsens global warming through its exhaust which emit greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide. And besides owning a car is so expensive in Singapore! Let's not forget how small singapore is as well. IT's so not worth it. That's why i'm considering not getting a license even then i would surely not get a car. Crazy? Well, most crazy ideas are great ideas. haha Hmm... i thought of not taking plastic bags considering the disgustingly large amount of plastic bags Singaporeans take but the idea of taking a shopping bag with me seems too granny as well. So maybe not. ha Hmm.. i can take shorter baths. yup. and not so hot ones (that'll be hard since i consider it a luxury since i take cold showers in camp - but i'll try). Well, i could try to cut down on using the aircon but i don't use it much anyway. I prefer the fan. hmm... i'm actually kinda eco don't you think? ha I use only the Azone foolscap paper cause it uses recyled paper for the covers - kinda lame i know haha. U know i used to think the whole Azone is made of recycled paper. haha (forgive me i'm quite ditzy at times) I seldom buy clothes... and i mean really seldom. Not because i seldom go out but beacuse there's no need to. My brothers have so many clothes that i always get those clothes which they've outgrown. ha... sounds as though i'm a miser? ha... i'm not. i'm just a thrifty person. plus i'm boring so there's nothing to spend on. ha I borrow books.. not buy them. but honestly, i don't even read a lot of books haha I don't buy cds now... i use my ipod. (well, before my ipod, cds make 60% of my expenditure. music not only gets me... my money too!) and I use refills for my g2 pens. Wow! i'm green! haha... I should be proud of that! =) SO U should START TODAY as well! music.city.soul || 9:15 PM || 0 comments |
music.city.soulTag If You VisitHEART LINKSArchives |