Monday, December 3, 2007
You're Superficial, I'm a Misfit. But That's Ok

Know what pisses me off?

When people say they do something because everyone is doing it and it's "COOL". Obviously, it's cool only because everyone is doing it and besides that, there's NOTHING else cool about it.

I'm raising this up because Maxim said that i should try to play the Rubik's Cube because of the same reasoning - everyone is doing it and it's cool. Honestly, i thank Maxim for trying so hard to help me fit into the prototype but it just isn't working. Unless i'm a brainless Barbie, i don't think i'll ever be convinced to do something just because it's a norm. (if i sound harsh that's because of the Monday blues)

I don't want to play pool because i just don't like it. AND I SUCK AT IT.
I don't want to play LAN games/PSP/computer games because i don't like games. AND YES, I SUCK AT IT.
AND I SURE DON"T WANT TO PLAY A RUBIK"S CUBE BECAUSE EVERYONE IS DOING IT! (even though i doubt i'll ever solve it as well haha)
and the list goes on...

I can force myself to try to play (notice "force" and try") but i'll never like them. Even if i master all of them (which is impossible for my "simple" brain), i WILL STILL NEVER LIKE THEM.
NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE PLAY THEM AND SAY IT"S COOL.

Maxim says i'm not willing to try all those JUST BECAUSE i don't want to fit in. OR because everyone is doing it, i won't do it if not i'll be seen as "following the trend".

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who in the world doesn't want to fit in? Ok maybe there are some weirdos in this world but generally, most people hope to be able to blend into their community IN THEIR OWN UNIQUE WAYS. I do want to fit in, but i don't think it is NECESSARY to force myself to like all that in order to fit it! If i'm doing that, i'm not myself, and the person that people see is not the REAL me. And i hate to be fake and it's not an option.

With regards to the second point, i also don't think there's anything wrong with FOLLOWING THE TREND. But there's seriously something wrong with FOLLOWING THE TREND BLINDLY. I follow the trend... I dress up better because i feel there's a need to since everyone is dressing up better. But i also do it because it makes me feel good about myself since i look nicer. But if you tell me you play pool because everyone is doing it and people tell you that it AMAZES girls, (assuming you don't like pool) then i say you are a FOOL. You have no opinion of your own and you'll live your life FOLLOWING others, chasing what others are chasing. Then can i ask "What are you doing for yourself?"

Then again, there are times i follow the trend even though i don't like to. Just like how possibly i HAVE to get a driving license even though i DISLIKE the idea (i'm getting it for my father, that's ALL). But these are instances in which i do them not because i WANT to fit in (or following the trend blindly because of the stupid reason that "everyone is doing it") but because i HAVE to. Now, it's not a MATTER OF CHOICE. I don't like it, but i'm forced to do it because "everyone is doing it"!!! So even though my actions betray me, i can proudly say i'm not following the crowd BLINDLY.

Well, there's also another exception. Maybe it just so happens that my choice was the same as "everyone's". Though i must emphasize the reasoning behind may differ. For instance (let me think... *AH!*), a lot of people go clubbing nowadays and i would like to go clubbing as well one day. However, most guys want to go clubbing so that they can HOOK UP GIRLS and have a great time GRINDING (*puke*). But i just want to go clubbing to have a enjoyable time dancing and having fun with my friends. NO GRINDING OR DIRTY INTENTIONS in mind. JUST PURE INNOCENT FUN. So geddit?

To be fair to Maxim (i'm not necessarily against YOU and i'm not angry with you but i'm pissed with the comment you made, even though you might not think that way), maybe he thinks i don't even want to give it a try and i reject it based on the disdain for doing what most people like to do. That's wrong AGAIN. Pool, computer games and even Rubik's Cube are things that i've tried before (though just A BIT) and i simply don't like playing them. So i did give a try. And for the fact, even second and third tries.

Well then you might think, what if i don't like everything that people like, even after trying? Although i don't think it's possible to not like EVERYTHING most people do, i think i'll rather die then. To not live a life i like is as good as being dead to me. I hope you all agree with me on that.



To all the blind but "COOL" trend-followers, YOU"RE SUPERFICIAL and i might be a MISFIT.
BUT THAT"S OK!!!



P.S: I might sound angry but i'm not. I'm just firm in my belief and i think i need to be firm in emphasizing it - especially to those who keep pressing me to do what everyone is doing. And of course, a bit of Monday blues.


music.city.soul || 6:10 PM || 0 comments


music.city.soul

Tag If You Visit

HEART LINKS

Archives