Thursday, January 31, 2008
JLOE Favourite Artiste – Spice Girls

Photobucket
Spice Girls

Albums: 4 – Spice (1996), Spiceworld (1997), Forever (2000), Greatest Hits (2007)

10 Songs I Like:
1) Holler***
2) Wannabe***
3) 2 Become 1***
4) Let Love Lead The Way
5) Who Do You Think You Are
6) Goodbye
7) Spice Up Your Life***
8) Stop
9) Too Much
10) Move Over (Generation Next)

There's no denying Spice Girls were a huge part of my growing up and if I dare say, still a big part of my life now. The “Wannabe” days coincided with my primary school days, when I was very young and very much innocent. Having fun and enjoying my time with friends (just like the song) is so easy and yet so hard to achieve these days. The “Holler” days without Geri/Ginger Spice happened during my secondary school days. Just like the departure of Geri, my days were a far cry from the simpler and better time I had in primary school – socialisation and studies, too much and too hard to handle. This is the reason why the Spice Girls are still very much celebrated even though their singing/songs, as critics say (and I don't agree), are bad. Their songs are able to help just relate to the memories we forged eons ago. Some are also fun and catchy – great for a silly time with friends. This definitive girl group certainly paved the way for other girl groups such as All Saints, Girls Aloud, and Sugababes and therefore very rightfully deserves a spot on my Favourite Artistes Hall of Fame.

You know, I have and will always be a Spice fan forever.


music.city.soul || 9:00 PM || 0 comments


music.city.soul

Tag If You Visit

HEART LINKS

Archives