|
For the past two days i have successfully and unsuccessfully escaped from work.Wednesday, June 18, 2008 Successful because i've taken leave and therefore need not go back to office to work. Unsuccessful because instead of slacking and resting at home, i've called upon by parents to work for them at their foot reflexology centre. As a receptionist. (What else? Were you for a second thinking i can do foot massage? haha) For these two days, i've stuck in the shop, at that small squeezy counter, waiting for calls, collecting money and well, more waiting and rotting. To be honest, i did actually think it is a good thing since i've always been busy doing work when i'm in office and for once i get to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but sit and wait. BUT THEN AGAIN, outside office work, i also do absolutely nothing. Which reminds me of the pathetic fact that i have NO LIFE (on weekends la). So how did i spend my 11 hours on each of the two days? Sudoku. I played like many many many sudoku. I tried "Easy" and it was pretty easy. I tried "Moderate" and i felt a slight strain on my brain but still manageable. I tried "Difficult" and gave up in 10 minutes. Because of that, i did like ten "Moderate"-levelled Sudokus for the two days. Not the expert but at least i learned a skill. And i can claim i know one more game other than Pokemon. (both of which aren't exactly games as well. PATHETIC me haha.) Besides, Sudoku, it was reading 8 Days (thank god i hadn't read much of the past three weeks' 8days), listening to my iPOD and did some scribbling and doodling of some random thoughts of mine on anything - music, friends, life and work. I tried to chat with a few of my friends by messaging them. Of which only one or two replied. Of which each lasted like 4 messages maximum. Which bored the hell out of me and made me a bit self-conscious as usual. (shall not elaborate) Maybe another good thing that came out was that i ate slightly more than usual. I managed for once to complete my lunch and dinner. A feat considering i have never been able to finish dinner for weeks already. That's considering the fact that the other uncles brought me French Fries / Burger for tea break and i dunked them down too. haha. And i ate mac's for yesterday dinner after French Fries during Tea Break. Fantastic me was what i thought haha. But one day i've a feeling i'll get coronary heart attack - i never exercise and i love fast food, something's telling me this is very unhealthy! haha . Speaking of uncles, one uncle working at my father's reflexology centre was learning how to read people's lives from his shi fu and decided to read mine. From what he said, there was truth and some doubts: 1) He said i am VERY CLEVER. - I don't think i'm very clever. I'm quite ditzy actually. But i'm NOT BLONDE DUMB. 2) He said i have a WEAK "HEART". Weak "Heart" meaning i give in to people easily, or i believe and give trust to people very easily - get bullied easily. And that i have a very compassionate heart. - I think this is pretty correct. I usually give in unless i find it REALLY CANNOT TAHAN then i will tell them very very paiseh-ly to let me. I find the TRUST issue a two-way thing for me. I won't say i trust people very easily, because maybe of the past experiences i've had. But once i feel people seemingly putting faith/trust in me (still my own perception), i believe them entirely. Which means the disappointment is doubly painful as well. As for compassion, i find i do have quite a heart for it, although my own introvert-ness limits how compassionate i become. haha. Doubt 1: If i'm SUPPOSEDLY CLEVER, why would i get bullied then? Shouldn't i be smart enough to kick their big asses? 3) He said i wil be VERY SUCCESSFUL. Doubt 2: I've never heard anyone which a "WEAK HEART" become successful before. Plus i have no big dreams whatsoever for myself. 4) He said my social life is the only bad point. I don't make many long-lasting friends and i don't socialise very well. - This is a point i will choose not to elaborate because anyone who reads what i might have to say would think i'm a sad loner and no ones wants to befriends a "supposed loner" which makes it worse for me isn't it. (Disclaimer: I'm not saying I am a loner. I have friends - see other entries haha) But ya, i dont socialise very well, i'm quite shy. haha. Which then comes Doubt 3: If i dont have good socialising skills, how do i become VERY SUCCESSFUL? Then he tells me he needs to take exam for all these fortune-telling and he's trying to study very hard. TAKE IT WITH A SUPER SMALL PINCH OF SALT. That's what i told myself. Agree? haha. Well, what a boring two days it has been. Looking forward and not so looking forward to tomorrow. Life is full of ironies indeed. music.city.soul || 9:23 PM || 0 comments |
music.city.soulTag If You VisitHEART LINKSArchives |