Saturday, December 27, 2008
Somewhere Only We Know - Thank You List 2008

Thank you


2004: Your Love Is King
2005: Perfect Little Things I Can’t Release
2006: Don’t Miss the Diamonds along the Way
2007: My Sense of Solid Ground


Headlining this year’s Thank You List 2008 is the hit song from British band, Keane’s “Somewhere Only We Know”. I think it has been a rather satisfying year of friendships, whether it is retying the knots of long-lost connections or the beginning of a special bond. As I’ve mentioned a couple of times before, I genuinely hope my wish of “may the good remain and the best never fade” hold true as long I’m alive. To all my mentioned friends, thanks for being part of me, my life and my 2008. Each of our experiences will also be remembered fondly in me, as Somewhere Only We Know.

Photobucket

1. Yang Sis
I think we both agree there’s no real need for us to exchange mushy words of thanks whether in a card, or even on my blog because we both know our place in each other’s heart. For the past 8 years it has been. Thanks for being there for me anytime, anywhere, for any form of moral and emotional support (as much as I have been for you) and as good company for shopping and movies.

Photobucket

2. Kenny
What a year it has been for both of us indeed. We definitely had a very different year, with countless attempts at volunteering (especially the “memorable” NDP) and varying experiences in life in and out of service. For all things in life, for better or for worse, it was great to have you as a reliable and good listening ear all this time for me to pour my woes (if any), share my encounters as well as musical obsessions.

Photobucket

3. Ter-weeds
Well, things happen and somehow we end up being break and lunch buddies in camp. As I’ve said, lunch will never be the same without you haha. It’s always good to have someone around (who’s not from office) to share my gossips with and to talk about anything but work (away from other less like-minded people haha).

Photobucket

4. Office Friends
Believe I’ve thanked all of you enough in my ORD Thank You email but to reiterate, I’m really glad to be part of this group I can really have fun working in. Everyone of you have made my time in service much more memorable and enjoyable. I will always remember all the office jokes and happenings when I was around and hope there are more to be made as I (we) move on in life. Special thanks to Josh for your guidance, Marc & Jem for your willingness to help and Jen, for the jokes.

Photobucket

5. Krys, Yuk
To the two who have brought the most amount of spontaneous laughter in me in the shortest amount of time. It’s just great to know that the chemistry we had in college, though not well-developed back then, was able to extend beyond academic shelf-life. Of course, to Kryssie, I love “The Hills” more now that I know you love it too haha.

Photobucket

6. Giddy (aka WS)
I will always miss my gossipy phone calls to you on anything. It takes my mind of the darn work I do and provides me with the “hyper-ventilation” I desperately need. Haha. Thanks for listening and laughing along haha. (Thanked before in “ORD Thank You” too)

Photobucket

7. JJ (Tan)
Other than my own boss, you’ll probably understand the extent of workload I (we) were handling back then. It was great (or sad) to know there was someone pushing on like me on the other side of the island (haha). More than a colleague, you were also a great friend to talk to and share every little thing with. Must admit things went a bit awry towards the end as the dissatisfaction from work started to set in but after all, it’s just work. You’re my friend and nothing non-personal should change the way things are :)

8. Fiona
This once-little "sister" of has certainly grown a lot since our music-hunting days to become confident and outgoing haha. It was good having the chance to mentor you (as well as volunteer with you) in your studies but i think you'll do just fine. Well, finally after years of lagging behind me, we are both now waiting for the next phase life called university and hopefully we will move in tandem from now :)

Photobucket

9. Feng, Gracie
We (including Kenny) has certainly seen each of us grow throughout the year, moving on with different phases in life. But you both were a great constant to have.

Photobucket

10. Ah Meng, Jem
Last year marked the unexpected start of a friendship but the completion of service certainly should not be the end of the “bond” we have. If asked about service, other than a heavy workload and great office friends for company, it’ll definitely be the memorable BMT period during which we shared all our silly moments.


PhotobucketPhotobucket

11. NDP Mates / CPF Mates
NDP mates including Astra for the company and CPF mates like the mighty brothers (James and Fab), GML etc for being on the last few moments of 2008.

Photobucket

12. Parents
Contrary to looks, I’m not exactly the nicest son material. But thanks to my parents for (1) driving me to camp when I was in service and (2) giving me te chance to travel two times this year (cheena and taiwan!) and lastly, providing me with whatever I have.

Photobucket

13. Kitty Kats
Thanks for being the cutest “toys” I know I can definitely turn to when I reach home (and they can turn any foul mood good) haha :)

Small thanks to other friends like Hern, Eliz, Clara, Jian Hao & Evonne for meeting up and catching up during this year as well as my various bosses for which without them I won’t have learnt what I have. You all played considerable roles in contributing to my growth in 2008.


music.city.soul || 10:50 PM || 0 comments


music.city.soul

Tag If You Visit

HEART LINKS

Archives