|
To kickstart my own Birthday Specials (honestly i have no ideas what other "specials" i'll be becoming up with but i'm sure i can whip up something interesting haha), what better way to revisit my birthday goals/wishes one year ago :)Tuesday, June 8, 2010 2009: 21st Birthday Wishes 1) A Good 4 years in Pharmacy (good results, good friends & good memories) Well, it's probably fair to qualify the past academic year as being good. Made quite a number of friends in my own course, and even found myself a group of "area buddies" called AMK Gang! haha. To top it all off, i had a great time in my radio club, an unforgettable experience of being a radio deejay and with last semester, getting to know a bunch of fun-loving "Hotties" :) Well, THR33 more years to go! 2) To always have my good friends by my side :) Hmmm, let's just say there's been CHANGES. Some losses and some gains. I can put in my heart and effort, but can't control how things turns out ultimately. 2009: 21st Birthday Goals are: 1) to take charge of my life much more than let pple/fate decide sometimes I've always said my decision to join my radio club was a great example of how i controlled how i wanted my academic life to be like. I think along the past year, i've made some other attempts to achieve my goals but also possibly missed some chances. Would probably need to keep this in mind, and work further on this. 2) I need to believe in myself more, and worry less! Well, the worrisome habit is hard to kill off, so it's about trying to find that balance and prepare in advance if possible to ease my worries haha. To me, practise makes perfect, so to take an uncalculated step forward is always daunting. I hope with time, i can believe in myself and be brave to take ANY STEP AHEAD. 3) I should never allow anyone to make me feel less than what i am/what i can be. I think i succumbed to the pressure when school started so i should give myself a big slap for that. (thanks to Terr again for being the friend who talked me out of it!) Again, it's about believing in myself more. When i set this goal, it was with respect to exercise and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. And very evidently, it has not been achieved. Except during the period where i can training to pass my fitness test, which spanned less than a month. I'll probably keep putting this on the list until it sinks into my head that i gotta exercise more regularly! haha4) I will strive to lead a more fulfilling aka well-rounded/balanced life! 5) I really need to eat more! Ok, at least i'm eating more in school now than i used to in college. But i'm still more of a weird mood eater (very happy or sad: very poor appetite). Yes, i need to work harder on this too haha 2009: Personal Motto "Learn to love yourself, your life and people around you who make you a better person." I still find no flaw with this motto. And i do think i live by it very faithfully - i love all my friends (and ok, should love my family more) and make decisions in my life that make me happy :) music.city.soul || 11:59 PM || 0 comments |
music.city.soulTag If You VisitHEART LINKSArchives |